Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM, IIS 5.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

webIntern

Programmer
Nov 22, 2002
US
I already posted this in the Win 2000 forum, but I thought I'd try here as well...

I can't seem to run ASP scripts. When I try, I get an http 500 internal server error. Then I look at the event viewer and I see the following:

DCOM got error "Overlapped I/O operation is in progress. " and was unable to logon psd-domain\psdserver in order to run the server:
{3D14228D-FBE1-11D0-995D-00C04FD919C1}

I have a feeling it is because we switched over to Active Directory a little while ago (I haven't done any ASP since). The user "psd-domain\psdserver" no longer exists. How do I correct this and have it (whatever it is) try to logon as a valid user??

I also get a warning in the event viewer:

The server failed to load application '/LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT'. The error was 'The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.
'.

I am getting this same error. I expect you will find that your error has to do with the incorrect identity assigned to one of your components.

Go to Admin Tools -> Component Services. Open up your component services and try to find the problematic component.

When you have, select the properties to that component - you should find that the identity is still listed as the authentication info on that component. Give it a new identity and see if that fixes your problem.

James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back