Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer CCM2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ralwyn

IS-IT--Management
Sep 23, 2003
US
Hello everyone:

I am having and issue regarding DCOM error. The error that I was getting from the event viewer - please see below:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10006
Date: 12/22/2004
Time: 4:00:01 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: CCM1
Description:
DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer CCM2 when
attempting to activate the server:
{10FCBFBC-705C-41B4-BF9A-8E49F9B96015}

Please help.

Thank you everyone in advance,
ralwyn

Ralwynn - I am getting error notifications of an identical nature, with the obvious difference of server names. Mine are in direct relation to Veritas/Symantec StorageExec report generation on remote objects. MS documents this same error generation in Article 33041, but it recommends updating "MS Exchange Server Conferencing Server" on your conference relevant servers to the same updated version of that application. Another source recommends installing the "MS Application Center 2000 SP2" to update Win2000 SP4.

I have not found this to be particlarly helpful at this juncture. Haven't tested and unknown if relevant to either of us. Have you made any progress on your situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back