Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM Event ID 10009

Status
Not open for further replies.

intel233

MIS
Feb 24, 2007
US
I am getting this in my event viewer. After looking up the cause I am not sure where to look now. The client machines are alive because I can ping them and get a response. Firewalls are turned off via GPO and that was verified by the IT guys in that location.
Any suggestions would be helpful. Is there a particular service that needs to be running?

Honestly, this is the error that I started ignoring, since I saw it everywhere, on nearly every SBS server, and it didn't seem to indicate a real problem to solve. No actual symptoms that I could identify.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Ok thanks. Is there any security concerns with having DCOM enabled? I am mostly running Win 7 and Windows XP.

I think you want it enabled, I just think that you should ignore the errors.

I like the event viewer in Windows 2008/2012, which lets you easily filter out messages that you don't want to see.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back