Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM error when backing up System State Event Id 10006

Status
Not open for further replies.

vark

MIS
Jul 18, 2000
CA
I get this error message every time I run a backup job on remote System States:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10006
Date: 1/18/2001
Time: 3:24:32 AM
User: DomainX\Service log on accountX
Computer: BackupServerX
Description:
DCOM got error "Class not registered " from the computer DCX when attempting to activate the server:
{D99E6E73-FC88-11D0-B498-00A0C90312F3}

No mention of this error on Microsoft site or Veritas site.
Anyone know anything?

I might suggest installing the latest version of dcom from microsoft, and see if still get the same errors.

Did that work? I'm having the same problem.

When backing up the system state on a remote system, Backup Exec uses Microsoft's Certificate Services APIs to determine if Certificate Services is installed on the remote computer. If the check succeeds, Backup Exec enables the special routines to back up Certificate Services. If it fails, Backup Exec will not attempt to back up Certificate Services components. In addition, the Certificate Services APIs log an error to the Windows 2000 System event log on the backup server

This error is a normal result of the API call determining that Certificate Services is not installed. To prevent the event from being logged, install Certificate Services on the remote servers that are generating the error. More information on installing Certificate Services can be found in Windows 2000 Help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back