Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCOM configuring

Status
Not open for further replies.

knuckle05

Programmer
Dec 17, 2001
CA
Hi All,

I have created a COM activeX .exe component that I need to install on one Win XP machine and then have all my other client PC's use this one component from the client Application.

So, I understand that I would need to configure DCOM to make this all happen, but I'm having a really tough time with it.

I am not using Windows NT or Win Server or anything like that, just a normal Win XP box acting as my "server".

From Component Services I am able to see my component, but I've been told that I need to create a distribution package or something. I dont see anything to do this.

Also, I'm just very unclear on this point: Once my COM component is installed on my server machine, how will all my client applications know to connect to this machine instead of looking for the component locally?

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back