Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dciman32.dll Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

swinny1710

Technical User
May 30, 2003
CA
Hi;
While running Spybot SD, I get a message that says "DCIMAN32.dll cannot open. Check for problem to fix", followed by "OK". It appears to have no affect on the scan, which will continue, while the dialgue box is still showing. Once the OK is clicked the box diappears. I've googled the dll, and although I've found some information, I'm no wiser about if it's something I need to be concerned about from a systems perspective, or how to fix it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Cheers!

Swinny

real basically, whatever dll is missing or corrupted is being looked for and not found by start up process somewhere.

sometimes spybot or adaware zaps the wrong files, especially is they aren't used in order, epecially if you computer got zapped by adware, and it seems usually they are .dll's. you can search for this file and try to replace it if you want to get deeper into its erradication, even deeper , FAQ608-4650

or, an easy option to try would be to restore to a day before it happened using Scanreg /restore from a C: prompt.

As to system hardiness, it's probably a minor irritation and won't affect anything.

Another thing to check is see if you can tie that dllfile to a program that's in add/remove programs and if you don't need it, delete it......might make it go away. I've gotten bugs out of my 98 computer by using add/remove programs when adaware and spybot and the start menus couldn't remove them.

Thanks fenix;
I've searched my system for this dll, and it appears in a number of systems files, so it may be that one or all are corrupt. Nothing seems to be not working at this time, and as mentioned, this only shows up when I'm scanning in Spybot SD. So, it's probably more of an inconvenience at this point. But if something does materialize, I'm a little wiser, and can probably do a little more troubeshooting now.
Thanks again, and Cheers!

Swinny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back