Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dchannel message caller id name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shleets

Vendor
Feb 9, 2005
US
So we subscribe to NI-2 name display supplementary service. We do get inbound name on the phones but shouldn't I see this in the d channel trace. All I ever see is the number and no name. I tried setting the mon 0-2 but that just changes to hex raw data, etc. Is there a setting so this can be seen in the trace?

I have never seen the name on d-channel messages.

You have to use mon 2 and yes, it will be hex, you'll need a converter to decode the hex. You cannot see the name under mon 0

yyrkroon is right.

There are three levels of message decoding, 0-2. Usually we want level zero, which is the easiest to read. Level 1 outputs raw data, and Level 2 is in HEX. To change the output message level, use:

SET MSGI x MON (0)-2
SET MSGO x MON (0)-2

Level 1 monitoring can give you way more raw information than you will ever need, but level 2 is quite useful at times. You will need to find a good hex conversion program or website too in order to convert the hex to information that you can understand. Unless you can natively read hexidecimal that is.

Do not forget to shut off monitoring after you are done using it or your history files will fill up fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back