Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DCH Maint Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

the1sandman

Technical User
Aug 3, 2006
US

I see this in many pbxs I log in to. What is it telling me and where do you set it up or turn it off??

DCH: 17 MAINT INDICATION TIME: 9:55:24
COUNTER VALUE
2 3
10 255
11 11
18 12
25 2

none of the above, it's free.. it gives you information you don't need and prints when it clears..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

it stinks. it creates an alarm and phones our service center. i wanted to turn it off. why do i just see it in some pbxs with pris??

While I agree that sometimes this info may not be too usefull, it only prints out on PRI circuits that are experiencing some kind of an issue. When one of the error counters reaches 255, that d channel will print all current error counters. In the example above the error counter 10, which caused the message to be printed is telling you that the dchannel is experiencing crc erros. This is not unlike getting crc errors on the T-1 level,execpt it is only happening on the d channel level. While you may not be getting many trouble reports as yet, crc errors on the d channel means that at least some of the data is getting trashed. It would probably be wise to get a vendor or carrier with a protocol analyzer to look at this before it becomes a real problem.

The DCH HANDLER cards go all the time on the DMS CO switches and you could be getting a potential problem or just a temp glitch....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back