Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DC not finding AD login script 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTracy

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
US
I had installed Notepad++ on one of our domain controllers to edit scripts with. I had a problem with Notepad++ and I removed it. After removal I began receiving this event and the script does'nt run. The script runs everywhere else including the other domain controllers. I checked the registry for the path location of the script and it is ok.

-----
Event Type: Error
Event Source: UserInit
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 7/17/2009
Time: 9:30:56 AM
User: N/A
Computer: GREENLEE-9
Description:
Could not execute the following script DomainLogin.vbs. Application not found
-----

I can't seem to find anything wrong. Ideas welcome.

Thanks and regards,
David.

It sounds to me like .vbs was associated with Notepad++.

It's not saying it can't find the file. It's saying it can't find the application. Compare it to a working DC.

Pat Richard MVP
Plan for performance, and capacity takes care of itself. Plan for capacity, and suffer poor performance.

Hi Pat, thanks for the response.

I did compare with other DC's and workstations. I have a small visual que (black box) that displays when the script executes. This does not happen on this server, and the proxy IP is not being set. So the script is not being run.

Thanks,
David

Pat,

Oh, I understand what you mean!

I checked that server and the script engine is gone. Wonder how that happened...Oh well, I'll try to find a new one.

Thanks again for your help, it's greatly appreciated.

David.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back