Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbspace allocation for database objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

testhandle

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
GB
Hi,

INFORMIX-SQL Version 5.10.UC2

Could anyone please answer the following questions?

- How to find in which dbspaces database objects is created?

-Is it possible to generate schema script for the database including dbspace allocation specification on the script, If so how?

- Multi instances running on the same UNIX server. Some time during shared memory initialization using tbint gives the following message. Both the instance configuration files having the same parameter value (SHMBASE 0x0).
_________
tbinit: shmat[EINVAL][22]: shared memory base address illegal using 0xc7ad2000, needs 0xcae7d000
tbinit: fatal error in shared memory creation
_________

Thanks
John Jayaseelan

<How to find in which dbspaces database objects is created?>

database sysmaster;
select s2.name dbspace,s1.tabname tablename,s1.owner
from systabnames s1,sysdbspaces s2
where s2.dbsnum=trunc(s1.partnum/1048576)
order by 1,2,3

# This will work in version 7.x and version 9.x - I'm not 100% sure on 5.x

<Is it possible to generate schema script for the database including dbspace allocation specification on the script, If so how?>

I have one, but I would have to email it to you. Send me an email, and I can forward it to you (terrence@wagerworks.com)

For the multi-instance question - you need 2 different environment files, one for each instance. For example, you have 2 instances db_serv_A and db_servB. You'll need two env files -

for db_serv_A, create a file called .db_servA_env - with the following contents

INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/xxxxx
INFORMIXSERVER=db_serv_A
TBCONFIG=tbconfig.db_serv_A
export INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER TBCONFIG

PATH=$INFORMIXDIR/bin:$PATH
export PATH

for db_serv_B, create a file called .db_servB_env
INFORMIXDIR=/opt/informix/xxxxx
INFORMIXSERVER=db_serv_B
TBCONFIG=tbconfig.db_serv_B
export INFORMIXDIR INFORMIXSERVER TBCONFIG

PATH=$INFORMIXDIR/bin:$PATH
export PATH

Whenever you're using db_servA, you need to source that env file (. .db_servA_env ), and likewise when you're using db_serv_B.

The error you got is one in which you wanted to bring up instance B, but your environment was pointed to instance A.

Informix online 5 does not have database sysmaster. All the system tables are stored in the dbspace itself. But there are no systabnames & sysdbspaces tables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back