Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBM32 Module lockup

Status
Not open for further replies.

ripper65

Technical User
Sep 29, 2005
GB
I have a site with DBM32 module attached to 1416 phone. The module sometimes locks up, the button LED status remain the same. To clear the issue both the handset and module are unplugged then re-plugged. This has also occurred on another site, handset and module have been replaced. The units are driven by 1151 power supply and main system is on 6.0.14

Have any other sites had similar issues?

ripper65...

I had a couple customer sites where the DBM wouldn't work at all until we upgraded the control unit to 6.0.14 (from 6.0.8). I wonder if the 6.0.18 maintenance upgrade would help?

It sounds like you have the physical power in place with 1151 power supply. Have you tried another digital port if you have one available on the system?

Does it pull firmware ?
I think the files where not copied to the ipo when you upgraded it.

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum

honey, i fried the IP Office !!!

Sarcasm, it's only one of the services I offer.

do you use an external TFTP server or are you using the IPO and the embedded files for the upgrade, if you use the IPO then make sure that you upgrade the system files when you upgrade the system (or better redo it) or just copy the bin and hex files into the SD card (assuming you have a V2)
I think the file you should have is the bm32a2_1.hex but it could also be the GBM32_B_1_0_9.hex

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back