Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBLookup to Stored Procedure Returns Confusing error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kashush

Programmer
May 2, 2003
US
The map uses dblookup to call a stored procedure. The .dbl file shows the correct number of parameters in the correct format but it also contains, "Returned status: (-1091) An_output_date_was_of_an_incorrect_format"

The procedure works. It runs from Toad correctly. It has one output parameter.

I put a return statement before all the code in the stored procedure. I got the same error from Mercator.

I changed the map to only pass nulls and a ? for the one output parameter. I got the same error.

how is your date field formated in the tree verses you sp?

OK, I found that I made the stored procedure input parameter a text field instead of a date field. Then I passed the date as CCYYMMDD. Inside the parameter I used the SQL function TO_DATE(PARM1, 'RRRRMMDD') to convert the text to date. I didn't want to spend a huge amount of time figuring out how to pass a value to a date input parameter. I am already aware that the natural was to format a date in Oracle is dd-mon-yyyy hh24:mm:ss but using FROMDATETIME and putting the value in that format didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back