Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbi::dbd install on solaris problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofermag1

Programmer
Dec 25, 2000
IL
Hi,
I'm trying to install the DBI and DBD
for oracle(816)
i downloaded the moduls from CPAN
and installed the DBI module perfectly.
but in the instalation of DBD the 'make test' step
stops with errors.
I need to contact with any one that
installed DBI and DBD for oracle
on sun solaris intel or sparc

thanks in advance.

What errors are you getting? I know that the DBD::Oracle install requires you to set some Oracle environment variables first - check the errors in "make test" for comments about setting specific Oracle environment variables.

Also, DBD::Oracle will attempt to connect to Oracle, so make sure that before you try installing DBD::Oracle that your oracle instance is up and running - you should be able to connect with sqlplus.

HTH.
Hardy Merrill
Mission Critical Linux, Inc.

ofermag1,

You have to make sure that the DBI and whatever DBD is compiled using the same compiler that was used to build Perl itself.

Also. I've just gone through this process on HPUX 10.20 and, despite making sure that everything was built the same way, ran into problems at the 'make test' stage of DBD installation. The problem turned out to be that you can't have Oracle DBD dynamically linked on HPUX 10.20 - and there were instructions for statically linking it (building a special version of Perl, in other words) in the documentation. So .... You have to actually *read* the readme files.... bummer. :) Mike
michael.j.lacey@ntlworld.com
Email welcome if you're in a hurry or something -- but post in tek-tips as well please, and I will post my reply here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back