Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBGrid Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennis24

Programmer
Dec 8, 2003
MY
See, I have an application that consist of a dialog with a DBGrid control and a button - that's all. I managed to build it and run it on my pc, however when I copied the .exe file to another pc, I can't run it. I did not get any error message and nothing happened.

What I suspected here is that - do I need to distibute any files (e.g. dll) along with my application if I am using DBGrid controls? (as it run well on my pc, where Visual Studio is installed)

Please help. Thanks in advance.

The problem is not necessary due to the usage of the DBGrid control. When you developed the app, the DBGRID32.OCX file that is stored on your machine was used to generate (embeed) the right classes for this control in your project. So everything about DBGrid is included in the exe but when you DEPLOY the application you need some MS dll to be also there and to be compatible with the dlls which the app was developped and should be deployed as well with the application.
Example , you developped in VC 6.0 and on the other machine there are already some MS dll of the VC 5.0 and your app will show the above symptom.

-obilsavu-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back