Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBD::Oracle issue with perl script

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjwales

MIS
Jun 24, 2003
US
I use a tool called OracleTool ( to help with certain DBA functions on my Oracle databases.

I had been happily plodding along on oracletool 2.0 for that last 2 years, I visited the site and saw that there was a newer version, version 2.2.

So I downloaded and installed that and found that it didn't work (something that had been added, ora_session_modes in DBD::Oracle required version 1.13 or greater of DBD::Oracle (I had 1.12)).

After spending a day and a half working out how to get DBD::Oracle 1.16, DBI 1.46 and Perl 5.8.5 compiled up for HP-UX 11.11 and Oracle 9.2.0.5, I was ready to give it a try.

When I try to invoke oracletool now (either 2.2 or the saved version 2.0 - but that may just be because I'm pointing the old one to the new perl...), I'm getting the following error in my apache error_log:

Can't load '/opt/perl5_64/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.sl' for module DBD::Oracle: No such
file or directory at /opt/perl5_64/lib/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/DynaLoader.pm line 230.
at oracletool.pl line 24
Compilation failed in require at oracletool.pl line 24.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at oracletool.pl line 24.
[Tue Feb 01 16:35:21 2005] [error] [client xxx.xxx.xx.xxx] Premature end of script headers: oracletool.pl

Now, I've checked the permissions on /opt/perl5_64/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.sl and it appears to be globally readable:

( I checked this by looking at it directory by directory dwn the tree and tried for several different users, but an example follows for user
root[2929] rtsihp7 /opt/hpapache2/logs# su - www

[HP login copyright info snipped]

$ file /opt/perl5_64/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.sl
/opt/perl5_64/lib/site_perl/5.8.5/PA-RISC2.0-LP64/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.sl: ELF-64 shared object file - PA-RISC 2.0 (LP64)
$

Anyone have any ideas as to why this can't load? Unfortunately I know little about perl and apache, I only managed to get it working previously by sheer luck, I think :)

As an aside, if I point my previous version of the tool back at a version of perl that used to work, now I'm just getting the error line in the apache error_log that states premature end of script headers and nothing else.

Any help here appreciated.

(Also going to post this to the Oracle 9 forum)

Thanks
Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back