Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBCS Chinese Characters in Record

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 7, 1999
US
Hi!

This is one of the strangest anomalies I've seen: the client had a record (which I cannot delete through normal means) whose words are in what appear to be DBCS format. I haven't a clue how they got there, but on the one record where this occurred, every single field in the record except for the autonumber key and a few other lookup-type fields contains "Chinese" (possibly Korean or Japanese) ideoograms.

How it got there and how to remove it are two of life's little wonders. I plan to "remove" the faulty record by rebuilding the table, which is, of course, complicated by the use of autonumber... but I think I can resolve that problem.

Anyone else find that suddenly your application is going "international"?

Thanks,

John Harkins

Yes, it's possibly just corruption of your memo field. Remove the offending line and your database will start working properly again.

Tony Toews (Access MVP) has an excellent page on database corruption, so if you want more than a one-line answer, you can check his FAQ. It's supremely useful.

Pete

--
Find common answers using Google Groups:

Corrupt MDBs FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back