Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBconsole instance version did not upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

mancub

Programmer
Jul 24, 2006
US
I installed oracle 10.2.0.1 and upgraded it to 10.20.4 on windows XP,but when l log into the dbconsole, the console shows that the instance has been up since l installed 10.2.0.1, although l stopped it and did the upgrade t 10.2.04. Select * from v$version and select * from v$instance confirm am on 10.2.0.4. Can somebody tell me how to change this.

Thanks!

I'm not convinced that there is anything you need to do. I use Enterprise Manager-Grid Control rather than Database Control, so my setup is a little different than yours. But my understanding is that Database Control keeps its repository in the database it is monitoring. So it's likely that Database Control was simply unable to update its repository while your database was down. That could lead to the apparent contradiction between the database being down during the upgrade and the 100% availability that Database Control is reporting.

Unless you see more serious issues than an inaccurate database availability report, I would ignore the error as harmless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back