Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DbColumn issue 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2000
US
I have a form that uses DBCOLUMN to pull data from views into fields in the form, that works fine, however when I create a new entry into the database, I have to exit the database before the DBCOLUMN can see the new entry and place it in the form. Is there a button formula that can do some type of refresh so I can see all the current data?

Maybe your view is not refereshing automatically. Check in the View properties and it should be set to automatic refresh.

Make sure you have the "NoCache" flag in your @DbColumn formula - if not, the DbColumn data is looked up only once and is cached in memory until you exit the database - this sounds like what is happening.

You need:

@DbColumn( "" : "NoCache"; server : database; view; column )

marthag hit the nail on the head. NoCache is the Designer's best friend when doing DbCommands. One way you could have gotten around exiting the database, btw, is using File->Database->Refresh Design. Hope this helps.
"One fish, two fish,
Red fish, blue fish."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back