Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBCC checks affecting loads

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammamet

Technical User
Jul 30, 2003
GB
We are experiencing slow loading times for data which seems to be linked to dbcc checks on the affected server. We run hourly TLog backups on three databases but the dbcc option is not selected in the backup job and neither is it set as a global option within Veritas. However, sp_who2 shows dbcc checks running using the Veritas account at the time of the first Tlog backup of the day. It doesn't occur for the subsequent hourly backups. The backups run to a remote backup server, not locally.

The info returned by sp_who2 shows the status 'sleeping', the login the veritas account, the host name the server on which the dbcc is running, and it does show some I/O activity.

Can anyone tell me whether the dbcc running should affect the load times to the database? and how can the dbcc be running under the Veritas account when it's not selected in any option? How can the host machine be itself, when the backup is running from a remote machine?

I know it's a lot of questions but our developers are tearing their hair out and at the moment we have no answers for them. Any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back