Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbase4 and windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonnieJohnson

Programmer
Apr 16, 2001
US
Does dbase4 and windows 7 play well together? We have some legacy programs in dbase4 and we are considering moving to windows 7.

We were wondering should we start converting them to MS Access or Dot Net programs.

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

I'm not sure if it will work with Windows 7. I am assuming it will not. We also have an application in dbase4 and need to replace a couple of PC's (with Windows 7) soon, but haven't done it yet.

If you are using Windows 7 Business, you can download and install XP Compatibility Mode. When launched, it opens a window which runs an XP shell and that should return you to XP compatibility mode. It is somewhat clumsy, but does work. I have tried it for a few other legacy programs.

We are currently looking at converting our dbase4 application to run on our web server using php.

Thanks Dave, that is very helpful to know.

ProDev, Builders of Affordable Software Applications
Visit me at ==>
May God bless you beyond your imagination!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back