Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dbase problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ldojoles

Programmer
Apr 1, 2007
PH
i am using dbase for windows... i wonder why my program produces _sql324343.dbf...

can anyone explain this ?
any corrective suggestions?

I see that you haven't had the courtesy to reply to anyone who has answered any of your previous questions.

Why should anyone bother to answer any more of them?

[vampire][bat]

its because some of the question that are a ask and i know has answered thouroughly... shud i answer it knowingly that it was already solved ???

As far as your original question is concerned, I have no idea, however as far as your reply to my earlier post is concerned:

No one here is paid to help you - they do so willingly and freely. Saying thank you to someone who has provided you with a satisfactory solution is only polite. Furthermore it shows others reading this post who perhaps have the same or similar problem that a working solution was provided.

Additionally, Tek-Tips provides a more visible "Thank-you" system by way of stars. If a reply was particularly helpful then click on the "Thank <poster's handle> for this valuable post" link, which is at the bottom left hand corner of each post.

[vampire][bat]

I don't use dbase but does it require you to give a name to save and if you don't, it provides a default name based on a query ? Similar in a way to MS Word when you try to save a .doc for the first time.
That's only speculation I might add.

My Feeblegirl.com Forum boards for mmorpgs, sport, fun, politics...

dBase and Paradox files that begin with an underscore are, as I recall, temporary data storage files. They are usually created during certain DataBase Desktop operations, or during various queries. They should be automatically removed when dBase/Paradox is closed.

Getting answers before I'm asked.
Providing answers if I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back