Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dBase III data file max sizes for use in Delphi 7 via BDE

Status
Not open for further replies.

bgvanorder

Programmer
Feb 13, 2016
US
Greetings,

I would like to know the maximum size limits for each of the below dbase III file types:
NOTE: not max # tables, NOT field sizes, NOT # of fields, indexes, etc... but the actual size of the file (kb, mb, or gb) .... what are the maximum sizes each can be when using the BDE within Delphi 7 (Win XP).... Thank you...

dbf
ndx
ntx

Thank you once again for any help....

Bruce

Thank you for the info DjangMan....

That covers the dbf files.... Do you know of any info for the ndx & ntx files size in bytes?

Thank you once again... i am trying to convince the fellow to allow me to do a remake of the program and dropping the BDE in leu of a more modern DB....

Kind Regards,

Bruce VanOrder

Where is Ashton Tate & Borland when you need them?!? lol

I don't have easily found answers. I would expect that they are less important than the main file since the index files should support at least what the main file will support.

May be very true for them to be less important... since the data can still be accessed without using them.... The problem may be that the application in using the dbf's are using the indexes as well, and therefore must be paid attention to... I am looking at everything as being a possible cause to the problem....

I also agree that answers are not easily found.... Wish I had the old manuals that Ashton-Tate printed for dBase III Plus... :) Back in 1986.... Used to come in a big box with a couple of manuals... at a cost of some $700!!! ouch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back