Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DBA/Developer that needs to learn 11i....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhull

IS-IT--Management
Aug 11, 2001
CA
Does anyone have any advice on how to learn 11i? I am a DBA/Developer that has been asked to delve into this area. I believe it will become a growing area of concentration for my work. The problem is that I need to learn it prior to working with a customer. I have the 11i cd's (all 100 of them!!!!) and the Oracle Financials Certification book from Sybex.

The problem is that I do not have the capacity on my harddrive for a full Oracle Financials install - perhaps only select modules.

Where to start? Help?

Adrian
Certified DBA/Developer

Which area do you hope to get into? functional or technical? If it's functional then your going to have to work your way round MIS projects.

I just recently started learning Oracle Apps, specifically implementing CRM. The thing is right, most people thing learning Oracle Apps is like a programming language, you can mess about with it the way you want, but in reality, deploying applications that meet business requirements are a completely different thing. I started familiarising myself with Oracle apps just to get the feel of working in that environment, however found that it was a completely new ball game when implementing. The best thing is probably (if you wanna focus on the functional side) is to look at AIM, and PMJ and then take the oracle apps into perspective.

For technical aspects, you're a bit more free the best thing is to read up on the docs, and not the complete set but parts you need.

Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back