Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB_BLOCK_SIZE - netware 5- Oracle Workgroup server 7.3.2.0.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

oradba

Technical User
May 9, 2001
IN
Sir,

I am new to Oracle 7 Workgroup Server. I am using version 7.3.2.0.0 on a Novell Netware 5.x. I am using a Netinfinity server with on RAID 3 (15 GB) with duel processor. The server got 512M SDRAM and 100 MBPS Enet Card.

I have just created my INITSID.ORA. with the following settings.

DB_NAME=SID
Db_files=40
Control_files= path

Compatible=7.3.2.0.0
Db_file_multiblock_read_count=32
Db_block_buffers=4800
Db_block_size=8192
Shared_pool_size=201326592
Log_buffers=31457280
Processes=200
Dml_locks=500
Sequence_cache_entries=100
Sequence_cache_hash_buckets=89
Remote_login_passwordfile=shared
Os_authent_prefix=””
]checkpoint_process=true
log_checkpoint_timeout=0
log_checkpoint_interval=10000

Note: the OS Block size is 64k. I am unable to set the DB_BLOCK_SIZE to 64K (131072). It give the error ora-00374 and it is allowing us to set it to .5K to 8K. Is there any option to change the setting to 64 K. Is there any problem if we create the Oracle Block Size less then the OS Block Size. As per Oracle Manual. Oracle Block size should be multiples or OS Block Size. Pls guide. Awaiting your reply.

Also I would like you comment on my INIT parameter settings. Do you wan me to change any thing to this existing settings. Pls help.

Rgds
Sunil Varma
R.Sunil@hlcl.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back