Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 UDB V8 and SQLJ usage 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bithead9

MIS
Jan 27, 2003
US
I am wondering how many if any developers are using DB2 UDB V8 and the type4/XA driver to access DB2 on a z/OS system ? I would be interested in any experiences or tips with doing this. Do you connect direct to z/OS or use DB/Connect ? Other methods ? DO you precompile the SQLJ and if so how do you handle the migration of object from the development environment, FTP ?

At my client's site they use WebSphere on z/OS. SQLJ is used and precompiled (is there another way?).
Development is done on WAS and the complete "ear" is copied to the mainframe and deployed.
I do not know the details as I am hired as a Cobol/SQL programmer.

Nice thing: they use stored procedures (in cobol) a lot. Not only pure database thingies, also business logic is implemented in stored procedures which are being called from cobol as well as from java (perhaps VB as well, not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back