Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Training Info Request 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calen

Programmer
Sep 19, 2002
US
Hi all,

My company is planning on purchasing SAP, and switching our database to DB2. (Currently we're using a mixture of flat files on Unix boxes and SQL Server.) Can anyone provide me with some links or suggestions to get some DBA training for DB2? This could help me keep my job.

All help will be very appreciated.

Thanks,

Calen

Hi,
You can search on IBM website for tutorials on DB2 certification exams. You can start with exam num 700 and then do 701. 700 is basic Db2 info and 701 is for DB2 DBA's. The tutorials are good. And if you want to read the topics in details they have listed books for each certification exam. I guess you should do that for 700 and 701. The books are just 50 bucks each I guess. Or there are lot of websites with tutorials on DB2 like the following one
I think this college has a good online tutorial for DB2.
This is one more site from IBM for detailed tutorials on DB2
Hope this helps
bye

Recently I attended the "CF23" cource at IBM (DB2 for windows and unix: DBA workshop). I can do nothing but recommend it to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back