Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 restore from offline backup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Igaduma

Technical User
Nov 23, 2001
BE
Hi All,

I restored a 40Gb database from an offline backup to a new database server (V8.1/Fixpack14,Solaris10).
The import (wizard from control center) finished successfully but I can't connect to the database.
It returns this message:

An error occurred while accessing the shared library "/usr/lib/libnsrdb2.so". Reason code: "2"

After some digging it turns out the lib would ideally come from Legato Networker (and probably some other libs too).
I presume the backup has been taken on a system which had Legato installed/configured on this db, but I can't understand why it's a dependancy now, and why it wasn't an issue when the import started/finished successfully ?

Is there a way to overcome this problem (ie: remove the lib dependancy on the current inaccessible db?) or am I forced to install Legato Networker to access this database?
Would just a copy of the necessary libs help or would it open another can of worms?
Is there a way to only extract/restore the tables I need from the offline backup file and not the whole file/db ?
Would an export of the original database tables to IXF format pose the same problem ?

Alot of questions, but I'm running out of options...any help is highly appreciated!

Iga

Strange problem, one might think that the original database has 3rd party software linked by means of user-exit code... but it is hard to imagine that this is included in your backup image. Maybe you can check whether 3rd party executables are put in the sqllib/bin direcory. Try to remove/rename before connecting. When the orignal code is not loaded, no dependand libs are missed..... Just a wild guess.

But, export/load by means of IXF files will work. You are familiar with the db2move utility? Success!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back