Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Read Only USER 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShowMeBO

Technical User
Nov 5, 2007
FI
I'm using DB2 version 9 on Linux.
How do I make DB2 users with different kinds of read/write previleges to different schemas? And where I can make DB2 users with passwords, because I can't find any password field in DB2 Control Center? I'm letting people to access my database via odbc and I don't want everyone seeing and changing all the data.

DB2 on Linux is using the Linux user authorization.
So you have to define users and passwords in your linux system.

the you can grant and revoke user rights to each user.

there is an db2 user called 'public' - and whatever public can do is what everybody can do. so first thing you want to do is revoking connect and other rights disturbing you from public.

if you have many users, create a script - saves you a lot of hassle in control center.

Juliane

Correct answer juliane26. Please accept a purple star.
I'm not sure, must check, but I think that DB2 not only uses the users of the O.S. but also the groups. So when you divide your users into groups you can grant/revoke rights to groups. Makes is more easy to manage.

Thanks a lot for help! It's nice to get short and easy-to-read answers. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back