Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 & mksysb

Status
Not open for further replies.

tooquic

Technical User
Nov 28, 2004
US
I have DB2 installed on it's own VG, but would like to take a mksysb of rootvg. How would this effect DB2, if any? Or maybe a better question would be, how intrusive is mksysb on running processes? Also, what type of compression does mksysb use? I have an extremely large rootvg (50G). Will this fit on a DVD or 2?

Thanks in advance.

You need to reassess your installation. No rootvg should be that large. Your DB2 won't get backed up by a mksysb. It won't fit on a DVD.

Yes, I do understand rootvg is to large, I received it that way. Well, I know DB2 will not be in the mksysb, because its on a different VG, I just wanted to make sure that mksysb wouldn't effect any data that's being sent to the server. My company is a financial services company, so I can't reduce rootvg at this moment, but that is a future project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back