Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

db2 file extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhall01

Programmer
Jul 3, 2003
US
What the heck is a *.db2 file?

all I can find is that it is a dbase II file.

If it is a dbase II data file how can I open? Can I get an ODBC Driver to open it?

I have never used dbase(if it is in fact a dbase II data file) so please speak to me as if I were a child! :)

Yeah i look on several file extension sites and they say it is associated with dbase II but i thought dbase II data files were *.dbf

I also found that *.db2 are associated with CA-dbFast, but that is another dead end.

DB2 associates the file with comand line script.

I know there is data in there just don't know what it is.

Just a thought - have you tried changing it to .dbf and trying to import it into Access?

Well I did find this:

Looks like it might not be a data file at all but a precompiled Procedure Script for IBM's DB2. Guess I was wrong about it containing data.

Problem is this came from a poorly documented (meaning none) custom app that doesn't work and is no longer supported.

If anyone knows any more info or can shed some light, I would greatly apprciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back