Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Control Center Error when Dropping Column

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisbanrhart

Technical User
Feb 9, 2012
US
Anyone have an idea why Control Center has an error referencing a table as part of a C Routine that is part of the SYSPROC Procedures? I'm attempting to drop a column that someone added erroneously and it states in order to do so, the data must be exported, table dropped and recreated, data imported, etc... Versus doing it command line, I decided to use Control Center and the following error was returned and i cant figure out how to get past.

[IBM][CLI Driver][DB2/SUN64] SQL0443N Routine "ALTOBJ" (specific
name "") has returned an error SQLSTATE with diagnostic text
"SQL0204 Token: SYSTOOLS.ALTOBJ_INFO_V
". SQLSTATE=38553

The 'Token' it is referencing is a table under the SYSTOOLS schema, but does not have the '_V' as part of the name. Not sure if that is the issue and if so, how to do I alter the ALTOBJ procedure to call the correct parameter

Resolved: Someone removed two views that were being referenced in the ALTOBJ procedure. I created the views from source from another database and everything went smooth afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back