Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 connection does not show tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwschiek

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2003
US
Hi:

I am using IBM's Client Access Express to connect Crystal Reports via ODBC to our DB2 database on our AS/400. I can connect to the desired library, but it only displays the stored proceedures within the library, but no tables. If I use IBM's Operations Navigator, I can open the database, and drill down into the tables in that library.

I have set up my ODBC connection according to the instructions from Crystal Decisions, but still no luck. Am I missing something on the DB2 side?

Thanks.

Are we talking tables (physicals) or views (logicals) here?
Client Access should give you all physicals in the library and the logicals. Logicals can only be accessed by ODBC if there is one uniform logical source for the logical.
Member data cannot be accesses through ODBC, you need to create a logical over the member to access it........
Default package library is set to QGPL

T. Blom
Information analyst
tbl@shimano-eu.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back