Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Connect Server - quick info please

Status
Not open for further replies.

juliane26

Technical User
Mar 10, 2004
GB
After being away from work for quite a while I need a quick update: I have a unix client(SUN) connecting via a connect server(AIX) to zOS. for applications running on the unix(SUN) box, which CLI bindfiles I need to rebind the client or the connect server ones?

Thanks a lot,

Juliane

Not really clear what you're asking for ?
Can you clarify ?

I habe a SUN machine. On that machine is running a software communicating via CLI with DB2. So here is the DB2 client.

This client connects via a DB2 connect server (on a different AIX box) to the DB2 host subsystem.

We have CLI problems: the application returns rubbish and the software vendor noted we should rebind the CLI packages.

Now here is my question: Do I need to rebind the CLI packages from the SUN box with the DB2 client or from the Connect Server or both?
(Well, since I do think the packages on the Connect Server should be bound properly, I'll give it a try an rebind the client CLI packages)

Juliane

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back