Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB2 Authority - Backup and Connections

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcale4

Programmer
Aug 31, 2004
US

Hello, I have a question about authority/privileges in DB2. I am a user that appears to have been setup properly with full control by SYSADM, however when i try to access the Connections folder to view active connections in Control Center, i get an error =

SQL1092N "csc_edit" does not have the authority to perform the requested command.

I get the same error when trying to create a backup schedule for my DB. I have had the SYSADM create a new group, checked all of the options on the "database" tab, and added csc_edit as a schema under the schema tab, but still no luck. Any idea why i'm not able to view Connections or create a backup? What setting am I missing?

Thanks!

j

j,

can you get a db2 promt up, connect to your database and enter

get authorisations

or

connect to database and then enter

db2 get authorisations

If that doesn't point you in the right direction the post the output from the command here for the forun to hopefully help further.

Cheers
Greg

Administrative Authorizations for Current User

Direct SYSADM authority = NO
Direct SYSCTRL authority = NO
Direct SYSMAINT authority = NO
Direct DBADM authority = YES
Direct CREATETAB authority = YES
Direct BINDADD authority = YES
Direct CONNECT authority = YES
Direct CREATE_NOT_FENC authority = YES
Direct IMPLICIT_SCHEMA authority = YES
Direct LOAD authority = YES

Indirect SYSADM authority = NO
Indirect SYSCTRL authority = NO
Indirect SYSMAINT authority = NO
Indirect DBADM authority = NO
Indirect CREATETAB authority = YES
Indirect BINDADD authority = YES
Indirect CONNECT authority = YES
Indirect CREATE_NOT_FENC authority = NO
Indirect IMPLICIT_SCHEMA authority = YES
Indirect LOAD authority = YES

I think you've answered my question.. i dont have indirect SYSADM authority. How do i have indirect SYSADM authority applied to my user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back