Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB will not mount after PC reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2000
US
I'm running Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2000 Pro. When I reboot the PC, the ORACLESERVICESID starts but will only start the instance, the database itself will not start. You have to go into svrmgrl and issue a startup. I know this was a bug in 8.1.6 but Oracle says that it was fixed in 8.1.7. Anybody else see this happen?
I really hate when people feel the need to attatch words of wisdom to everything they send.
--Eric

I come into collision with this.
I use Windows 2000 Pro and Advanced Server (both with Service Pack 2).
On both computers Oracle8i EE does not start instance automatically as specified but only NT service.
Later, on Windows 2000 Pro i resolve problem by deleting and editing NT service through oradim tool but on Windows 2000 AS SP2 system this do not help anymore.
About NTS in sqlnet.ora, i think that removing this one does not look like good practice :)
So, this could be another way out.
Anybody know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back