Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB Repair/Recovery fallout

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmirza

MIS
Aug 23, 2004
US
Running Exchange 5.5 on NT 4 SP6... and had a big problem yesterday morning.

After Symantec saw that MyDoom had infected edb.log, it decided to delete it, even though exchsrver is excluded from anti-virus scrutiny...

I ran ESEUTIL and ISINTEG... Nine hours later, I have the services back up for exchange, but there are some small problems for a handful of users:

Some old emails are inaccessible
Custom incoming mail folders are missing

Any help on this one?

hi,

you must exclude exchange databased then copy all files in symantec quarantile folder then restart your server and check

regards

om

Which option with the eseutil did you use. If you used the /p then it did what it was designed to do. Those eseutil's are dangerous becuase their only purpose is to cause mail to flow again and not really worry about current email. Teach people to use a .pst instead of leaving email sitting on the server.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

If you used eseutil /p then it did what it was designed to do. Those eseutil's are great but dangerous. They are designed to get the server working again with little concern for current email. Teach everyone to use .pst's or you could restore their mailboxes. Good Luck.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back