Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dB Not Responding

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacq

Technical User
Jan 3, 2001
GB
I am having a problem with 3 specific forms that keep freezing, and when I look at Task Manager it says Not responding (it seems to be at between 12MB and 17.5MB).
I think it is because I am manipulating a lot of data via recordsets.
Is there any way I can somehow reset the memory halfway through the script. If I run one form and leave it until the Task Manager is showing the resource at 5MBish, and then run the second form, it is less likely to lock, but it still does sometimes.
I tried DBEngine.Idle dbRefreshCache, but I don't know if it's the right thing or if it's working!

Hi there

are you working with recordsets in VBA cos if you keep opening on big sets and not closing and setting dbvariable to nothing (clearing it out) you could get your problem.

Alternaively you could have a never ending loop somewhere which when it bombs scope ends so whatever is left to continue goes bump

try putting a few breaks along the way and F5 to see where it slips up

regards

jo

Thanks
I have closed and set all recordsets to nothing.
I have no open loops.
If I run the code using F5 it locks, if I run the code using F8 it locks, if I put msgbox's in it locks. But it has run for me several times so I know intrinsically the code is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back