Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Db Locking issue with PB 12.5 and SQL Server 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShubhamKumarSingh

Programmer
Oct 13, 2012
US
I am trying to migrate my application from Powerbuilder 9.0 to Powerbuilder 12.5. I was using the DBProfile - "MSS Microsoft SQL Server" in PB 9.0. Since this is not present in PB 12.5, I am using the profile OLE DB to connect to SQL Server 2008. When I try to run the application after the migration, several database tables are getting locked. I even tried using NOLOCK in SQL Stored Procedures. But the lock seems to appear even after this change.
Following was my observation on further research:
While using the DBProfile in PB 9.0 I have StaticBind property set to FALSE. All the other properties of SQL Server 2008 remain the default. The same settings do not work in PB 12.5. I believe there is an issue with PB 12.5 trying to access the database.

Is there any setting that I need to provide to resolve this lock issue? Or is there any other resolution to it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back