Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB Grid, Data Contol

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashishjain

Programmer
Feb 20, 2002
IN
hi,
I to make a existing Vb Application into multiuser application. On Each form of application DBGrid and data control is used to display all existing records. for all data controls, Recordsource property is setted dynamically at runtime. I suspect that this application wouldn't work fine in multiuser environment.

I wanna ask:
1. What is the disadvantage to DBList, DBGrid. If there.
2. Should i replace Dataconrol with ADO runtime. and if i do, which control can replace DBGrid to show records ListView or MSFlexGrid.
3. Which control is better List View or MSFlexGrid??

If anybody has idea about the same advoice me accordingly.

Regards

Hi,
try searching the controls you mentioned in the forum. I already went several posts about this matter.

However, just a thought, I do not use DBGrid. It has lots of flaws. Better to use Datagrid. MSFlexgrid is a lot superb, though.

I use Listview only for a minimum set of records, not for bulky batches because of some repaint issues, well, on my unit at least.

These are just my personal preferences. Still, I suggest you search for Listview MSFlexGrid and Datagrid discussion so you'll have a better judgement on which to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back