Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DB Connection Fails but host connection is OK!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jodiep

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
IE
Gday! I use DWMX to set DB Connection with the Linux Server. I have created MySQL DB on the server so i can use table with fields with PHP . You know what I mean... When i get to the point of establishing connection with db i get this message from DWMX: Macromedia Dreamweave MX: HTTP Error Code 404 File Not Found. Here are some possible reasons for the problem: 1) There is no testing server running on the server machine. 2) The testing server specified for this site does not map to the URL. Verify that the URL Prefix maps to the root
of the site.
Can someone tell me how you connect to db on a server with step by step and feasable wrong-doing on my side
by the way for PHP MySQL Connection settings I used : localhost , my username and password that I've created for my db.
Help me out!! I have alraedy contacted my support at IP and they told me that they do not support DWMX questions because they do not use one for their work and advised me to go to DW Forum and ask you guys about!! So i am here for your help! Many Tanks!!!

Hi,
i only program in ASP, but connectionstring should be the same.

Example

"driver={MySQL}; server=localhost;uid=youruserid;pwd=yourpassword;database=DB_name"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back