Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

daylight savings 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

byrontel

Vendor
Jul 24, 2003
CA
Is there going to be a patch to correct the auto daylight savings time setup on the existng BCM's for the new dates this year?

BCM 50 Release 1.0 patch has been out for a while. Patches for BCM 200/400/1000 releases 3.5 and higher was released on 2/8/2007. BCM 4.0 doesn't need to be patched, nor does BCM 50 release 2.0.

If your system is on 3.01 or below, you'll need to adjust the clock manually or possibly try syncing to a NTP server.

biv343 do you know what the patch number is for the 200/400/1000 3.6??????

do you know the patch no for the BCM 50 rls 1.0?

Is there a link available where I could download the patch for the daylight savings for a 1000 3.7 and another 3.6? Is it the same patch?

The patches are are not the same .You need the one made for the different versions.
And nortel.com has them.You need to be registered to down load them.

For those who are not partners but are self maintained what are their options? If you go to a distributor are you going to forced to purchase the patches even though Nortel has them marked as General Release patches?

Some times if you ask real nice here, someone will send them to you. I have dealt with some partners that will give them to you if there is no cost involved to them.

as nice as i can ask... if anyone has patches for the 50's and 400's I could REALLY use them.

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

Here they are, all in one convenient zip file. The link is good for 7 days. The patches for 200/400/1000 release 3.5, 3.6 and 3.7 are in the zip file, as well as the OAM patch for the 50. Note that there are dependency patches for the 50. Those are:

BCM050.081-SOFTWARE-MANAGEMENT or later version
BCM050.096-SU Service Update #2
BCM050.095-ELMTMNG-CLIENT_INSTALLER-CARTRIDGE or later version
BCM050.140-FEPS or later version

The SU #2 patch is 160MB, bigger than I know how to easily deliver. Also note that on a BCM 50 you will see an option for "pre 2007 DST rules". On a BCM 200/400/1000, you will not see that option.

There are no dependencies for the 200/400/1000.

BIV, once again you've done it. thanks alot...

Thats not my fastball, thats my hurry up and get by you pitch... Satchel Paige

even thought I already have the patch here is star for your troubles Biv343.

Biv343....can't seem to be able to download file. Wondering if it has been downloaded too many times ?

Has anyone noticed a problem with the patches? I recently updated a couple of my BCM 50's and ran a test to see how well they work by advancing my calendar to after the time change.

Problem. The system will reflect the time change internally but not on the phones. Has anyone else experienced this. It appears to me that Nortels patches may have bugs in them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back