Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daylight Savings Time Patch 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcosgrove

Vendor
Feb 10, 2004
US
Is there a patch available that would fix the daylight savings time issue that will be arising shortly??

Avaya has a patch in the works for the Partner ACS R6 & R7. I don't know if it will be out before the time change.

Best bet would probably be to disable the automatic time change feature and manually change the time. [smile]

ACS R7.0.91J and ACS R6.85S can be updated with caller I.D.

Just announced ACSR7.0.91K and ACS R6.85T upgrades are available for all Avaya Business Partners on the EFlash web page.

I just looked on the EFlash web page and only saw J patch for R7 and S patch for R6. Go Figure?????????

I cannot find any info on whether or not the 6.85T will upgrade the Small Office ACS.
Also will this patch upgrade pre-6.0 acs releases?
Thanks

Nope. The patch will only apply to the R6 & R7. The work around is to flash any R1->R5 up to the R6 level and then apply the patch.

The R6 small is still an R6 at heart so the patch, in theory, should work on it. Check Avaya's website for the full list of systems and their fixes.

As an experiment at our shop I upgraded an R 5 and an R 2 up to 6.85T and on both systems they "appear" to work ok.
I realize that it may be chock full of bugs but so far it looks ok.
I thought that Avaya may call it a "patch" but it may just be full upgrade. I don't know. I'll check with Avaya, but I am pretty sure what their answer will be.

looks like my old test system at home will be an R6 soon.

I downloaded the patch "K" for R7 - on the site it shows the yellow card or the green backup card. I have never seen the yellow card before but happen to have a green card. (No I am not from south of the border :). When I used the tool to load the "K" patch to the green card it fails after 12%. Avaya told me that I needed to purchase a 8MB card from SmartM. Seems to me if we are getting new ACS R7 processors to sell that they should at least offer us one card to use to update our inventory and customer installed base. I was told that the card was $150. Can anyone shed any light on this?

thanks,
dphoneguy24

shut off the auto DST change, the time can be changed manually. The ACS does not currently have auto DST feature unless they want to pay to add it. Charge for the patch.

No, you can get the patch for R7 509 processors. The thing is you need to purchase a card from SmartModular. For Avaya business partners the patch can be downloaded for no charge.

The 8meg LINEAR flash card is required for the patches - it is not the same as a green or yellow card. There is actually no DST patch, but patching an R6 or R7 will add CID time synch, so when the first call with CID comes in after the time change, voila', the clock is reset.

The "J" patch is for the CID time synch - the newly released "K" patch actually changes the DST format to the new dates. So where can a person get the 8MB card for a reasonable price?

Could someone tell me what the web address for the eFlash website is to download the DST Patch?

Only available to Avaya Business Partners. Go to the SSO login page. Once logged in its products a-z,Partner,implementation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back