Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daylight saving & crontab 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

herzel

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2003
IL
Hi

Here in our country we will have soon change of daylight saving and clock will be back one hour.
This change can be run via patches + more settings in the OS but we in our company do it manually via command.
My question is: can we schedule the command to change the Sparc machine clock via crontab?
Is it possible?
Does anyone have experience with this kind of action?
I know also this can be done with the "at" command (to schedule command to run once) is it better solution?

B.T.W
The machine is sun sparc e450 and the OS is Solaris6

Thanks in advance

I guess it would be possible via cron, but if you're going to do it, best put a 'flag' file to check for after it runs, since it might run again if when it reaches the 'same' time again an hour later.

Some days are diamonds, some days are rocks - make sure most are the former.

I would go with the at command, hopefully that would mean no flag file requirement too... but do you not have a test system you can change the clock on just to be sure?

Annihilannic.

Thank you very much!
We will try it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back