Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Daylight configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafareta

IS-IT--Management
Apr 5, 2002
MX
Is it posible con configure dayligth (change from CST to CDT) in the Option 11 so I don't have to adjust the clock every 6 monts.

TIA

Rafael Reta

Thanks for the quick and useful response.

RafaReta

Yes it works in the UK but you have to understand the settings to make it work properly.

For this Year Summer Time begins 31/03 and Winter time begins (I think) 27/10. To set this in the Meridian you need to use the following prompt; FWTM which stands for Forward Time / Summer Time
The prompts are:<month> <week> <day> <hour>
To make the Summer changes for this year you would enter the following in LD 2.
FWTM 3 L 1 1
As you see for the week prompt I have place an L, this stands for Last week of the month, days are Sunday(1) to Saturday (7), and the hour and month prompts are standard numerical format.

The same format is used for Winter time but the prompt is BWTM (Backwards time)

(Easy way to remember this is Spring Forward and Fall Back!)

TDST will tell you when the changes are and SDST OFF or SDST ON will enable/disable the daylight saving.

Lastly as a little side note you can also program a daily time adjustment, this takes place during the midnight routine and can be useful if your Meridian time changes from month to month.

The prompt is SDTA x y to change, or TDTA to display.
X is for a positive (1) or (0) for a negative.
Y is 0-60 seconds in increments of 100 ms

Tim Russell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back