Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Day light saving time (DST)-november

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrindia999

IS-IT--Management
Oct 31, 2007
US
Hi ,

we have bunch of aix boxer in that most of them have 5.3 TV4 && APAR IY75211 fix is already installed , but few of them are at 4300-10 .so IBM doen’t support any fixes for those and suggesting change TZ variable in /etc/environment
in my box that TZ variable is already set as below

TZ=PST8PDT,M3.2.0,M11.1.0

But the exact format that ibm recommended is( TZ=CST6CDT,M3.2.0/2:00:00,M11.1.0/2:00:00 )
Where /2:00:00 is the time ..

So do I need to change my TZ variable to the exact format what ibm recommended or its fine.
And one more thing
what about cron tab jobs between 1:00am – 2:00am && 2:00am – 3:00 am

jobs between 1-2 run twice and 2-3 are skipped it seems am I right ?????

and more over if any body knows about how to handle linux boxes for this time change plsssssssssss..
let me know..

waiting…

thank you,

sorry for my english..

bunch of aix boxes ( correction )

I think the default changeover times are 2 to 3 and 2 to 1, so you should be fine with the TZ value as it is.

If you have a free test box to play with, you can allways see for yourself what would happen when at the changeover date.

You are right about the cron jobs.

As for LINUX, better check out forum54...

HTH,

p5wizard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back