Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

day date time in customize view for the inbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

gqma0

Technical User
Nov 29, 2002
GB
Hi all.

Our company switched from Exchange to Notes (bought out) and I'm switching the client from OL to Notes 7.

Lots of things I can't do but one thing I desperately need to make work is the customized view for the inbox

Mails in Outlook were received with day/date/time which was very handy

Now, I'd like to do the same in Notes but they're only displayed as date/time

How to add the day ??

thanks in advance
Regards
Gaetan

You mean like Monday, Tuesday etc ?
You have the @Weekday function for that. If you have the Designer client available, you can open the Inbox folder and add a column to display the @Weekday value.
You will need a bit of caution and a modicum of Formula knowledge, lest you destroy the Inbox functionality with liberal use of the Delete key.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Hi Pascal,

Could you guide me using that Notes designer. I just installed it and can't find any guides that would help me design this view. I'm not familiar with notes at all

Thanks
Regards
Gaetan

That's a rather tall order to do via Forum. You can start by opening your Designer and pressing the F1 key - that'll open the Designer Help database.
From there, there is a rather good intro to the Designer in the chapter on Application Design. Read through it, you'll learn quite a bit on manipulating the Designer itself.
You will also gain from reading the part on Creating Views.

When you've done that, come back with your questions and we'll be able to advance.

Good luck !

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I'd very much like to keep that away from prying eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back