Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

David Bradley retiring 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Gates didn't laugh."

Thats amazing, you do something so simple and it turns out to be the most powerful tool that comes with windows OS's. Kudo's to him and whoever first said to "Press Any Key" :)

I don't think Gates laughs very much anyway, but I did hear him confess that it was he who decided that 640K was enough memory for anyone.

Laughs much? Yeah right all the way to the bank......

Speaking of 'press any key', we had a user in the DOS days who had DOS ready to format his hard drive. He got the 'press any key to continue' message, and hit 'escape'. His hard disk data was history!

Speaking of 'press any key', we had a user who couldn't complete this task because they couldn't find the "Any" key......

Hoc nomen meum verum non est.

And I've known people sit there pressing the caps-lock key...

Hey, I personally don't like ctrl-alt-delete one bit in its log-on reincarnation. You try logging on when you're talking to someone on the phone at the same time. I keep having to press delete with my nose, which just isn't hygenic.

Lionelhill, you should get the keyboard I have - Kinesis Classic ( - the Ctrl, Alt, and Delete keys are all together by my left thumb so it's easy to do one handed. It has also relieved problems with tendonitis and carpal tunnel - it took a couple of weeks to get used to, but it was well worth it.

-Dell

i would have to many scars on my right hand from navigating the expanse between letters :)

Lionel, you need one of these Microsoft keyboards:

keybd1.jpg

-- Chris Hunt

Like! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back