Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

dating site

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmail

IS-IT--Management
Mar 2, 2005
US
a php profficient friend and i are considering starting a site similar to the dating site type.
are there any resources for us to obtain code (either snippets or functions) to do uploading, authentication, emailing, chatting, etc.
thanks in advance

You can get some sample chapters from The PHP Anthology at this address: Better still, buy the book.

I'm sure Google will have plenty to say regarding writing scripts for all the things you mentioned above.

Clive
Runner_1Revised.gif

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer." (Paul Ehrlich)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To get the best answers from this forum see: faq102-5096

Xmail,

If you seriously think you can make some money with a dating site, I would think twice before starting the programming.
The sector is overcrowded and it's a very very tough business.
You'll have to invest in huge advertising to get enough profiles in your database.

If you manage to add a significant twist to the concept, or find a niche, then things might be different.

Otherwise ...

There are ready made scripts for dating sites, rate my face, etc. which one can buy for not so many dollars... I know one company is specialized in providing such site-sollutions..

I dont remember theire url though.. sorry.

Olav Alexander Mjelde
Admin & Webmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back