Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

DateTime Picker and error

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohini21

Programmer
Jan 19, 2003
NZ
HI,

I recently developed an application using windows access 2003. I used a datepicker control in it. When I installed the applications on other machine with access 2003 runtime running on them I couldn't see datepicker control.

In addition everytime I run the app I get the message that if need to turn off unsafe expressions though I have installed jet 4.0 SP 8.

Please help.

Cheers

Take a look at the references for the runtime version of the database.

If you open a module and select Tools and References and see if any of the references are missing.

HTH,

Steve

You will need to deploy your database application which means using Office Developer Edition which has been, er ... discontinued due to the Java/Sun settlement.

Instead you will need to distribute the ocx and register it. Within your VBA code editor click Tools -> References and take note of the path to the control used (on my system C:\WINNT\System32\mscomct2.ocx). You will need to copy this to the target machine, then register it using regsvr32 (in the system directory, run "regsvr32 mscomct2.ocx"). You may need to copy the regsvr32.exe program over - can't remember if it's included on a 'vanilla' system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back