Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Dates in Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TGPoe

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2000
US
I am trying to set up a spreadsheet which will accept user input of a date (D1) and
then have the user put a date in a second field (D2) subtract (D2) from (D1) leaving me with them month between the two dates. Any help would be wonderful

Leaving you with the "month" between two dates? Do you mean the number of months?

Cells D1 and D2 should be formatted as dates. D3 should be formatted as a number.

D3 should contain:

=D2-D1

This will return the number of DAYS between the two dates. If you want months, must it be exact? If not, try this formula:

=round(((d2-d1)/31),1)

This should round the month to the nearest 10th of a month.
techsupportgirl@home.com
Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word

Dreamboat:

Thanks for your reply it was right on the money.

Hi TGPoe,

I was "just browsing" ...looking at postings which might not have received an adequate HELPFUL response.

In this posting, I couldn't help notice that indeed your posting DID receive the response you were looking for, from "Dreamboat". Your response was (appropriately)...

"Thanks for your reply it was right on the money."

I also noticed (in your profile) that you have not yet issued ANY "STARS". This, to me, is a strong indication that your situation is like that of many "NEWCOMERS" to Tek Tips... i.e. you simply were not aware of the method of "showing appreciation" to the contributor. This is done by clicking the "Let _________ know this post was helpful" (located in the lower-left-corner of the contributor's posting).

This issuance of a "STAR" is important for THREE reasons: 1) It shows the appropriate appreciation to those who take the time to assist in developing or describing a solution to the problem. 2) It visibly (at a glance) advises other potential contributors that the problem has been resolved, and 3) It (the STAR) serves to let other Tek Tips readers know that a HELPFUL contribution has been posted, and therefore these readers may want to take the time to read these HELPFUL contributions.

Anyway, I have "taken the liberty" of issuing "Dreamboat" a STAR, as her contribution was "right on the money". You might also want to do the same ?

I hope this "gentle tip" about the issuance of STARS is well received.

Regards, ...Dale Watson dwatson@bsi.gov.mb.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back